Orange Chicken Recipe with Rosemary
This orange chicken recipe is one of the best quick poultry recipes I know. I can have this in the oven in less than 10 minutes!
Orange chicken recipes don't get much easier than this one! Just mix together a few ingredients, pour them over some chicken, and pop it all in the oven.
Look for a frozen concentrate that is 100% fruit juice - not a fruit "punch" that is full of sugar.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- dried rosemary
- dried thyme
- dried marjoram
- in the fridge or freezer
- frozen orange juice concentrate
- boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 lb/500 g)
Get out your equipment
- a casserole dish with a lid
- a small bowl
Preheat oven to 350F/175C.
1 lb/500 g chicken pieces, boneless and skinless
1 tsp/5 mL paprika
1 tsp/5 mL pepper
6 oz/180 mL frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed (not diluted)
1 tsp/5 mL dried rosemary
1 tsp/5 mL dried thyme
1 tsp/5 mL dried marjoram
Place the chicken in a casserole dish with a lid.Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
In a small bowl, mix together the thawed orange juice concentrate, rosemary, thyme and marjoram.Pour this sauce over the chicken.
Bake for about 1 hour, covered, until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Use fresh herbs instead of dried. (For 1 teaspoon/5 mL of dried herbs, use 1 tablespoon/15 mL of fresh herbs.)
- Use any variety of chicken pieces. If you buy chicken with the skin on, remove it yourself.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Try another variety of citrus juice. How about an orange-pineapple blend?
- Experiment with your favorite herbs. How about oregano or tarragon?
- In the morning, take the juice concentrate out of the freezer and put it in the fridge. It will have thawed by suppertime. (Or take it out of the freezer and put it on the kitchen counter a couple of hours before you need it.) Either way, set it in a bowl to avoid messes.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these other very easy chicken recipes: