Cheese Ball Recipes:
Baked Cheese Balls
I've tried a number of baked cheese ball recipes, and this is my favorite. These are quick and easy to make, they use just a few common ingredients, and they are delicious!
Whenever I'm asked to bring an appetizer to a potluck, this is usually what I make. My children love these.
These are also good to take to a Christmas cookie exchange. It's nice to have a savory treat among all the sweets!
This recipe makes about 36 little balls, depending on how big you make them, of course!
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- in the fridge or freezer
- sharp Cheddar cheese
Get out your equipment
- baking sheets
- a mixing bowl
- a mixing spoon
- measuring cups and spoons
cups/500 mL whole wheat flour
1 tsp/5 mL salt
2 cups/500 mL finely grated sharp Cheddar cheese
1 cup/250 mL butter, softened
Preheat oven to 350F/180C.Grease some baking sheets.
In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour and salt until well blended.
Add the grated cheese.
Add the butter. Stir with a spoon until crumbly, and then use your clean hands to mix everything together thoroughly.
Roll into 1 inch/2 cm balls.
Place on greased baking sheets.
Bake until lightly browned (about 20 minutes).
- Use white flour in place of the whole wheat.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Try using different cheeses. I wonder how mozzarella would work, or Gouda?
- I save the foil wrapper from butter for greasing baking sheets. There is usually enough butter on a wrapper to grease a cookie sheet or two.
- This recipe is easy to multiply.
- These cheese balls freeze well.
Now that you can stop hunting for cheese ball recipes, , you may may want to try these recipes: