Picnic Food Ideas:
Easy and Tasty Foods
to Pack in Your Picnic Basket
Everything tastes better when you eat it outdoors! Here are some easy picnic food ideas for your next outdoor meal.
How to choose the perfect picnic food? It should be
- quick and easy to prepare (You don't want to waste a beautiful day working in the kitchen!)
- easy to pack
- sturdy enough to withstand the journey
- safe to eat without refrigeration
- easy to eat without fancy utensils
Here are my favorite picnic food ideas.
Picnic Appetizers and Snacks
On a hot summer day, a salad can be the perfect centerpiece of your picnic.
When in doubt, make up a batch of sandwiches! Here are some old favorites and some new ideas.
- Avocado-Salmon Sandwiches
might just become one of your favorite sandwich choices!
- Black Bean Hummus
is a great sandwich spread. It's good on crackers or as a veggie dip, too.
- Chickpea Hummus
is another good all-purpose spread.
- Peanut Butter Sandwiches are an easy choice. Try one of these variations, or invent your own!
- peanut butter and jam
- peanut butter and honey
- peanut butter and banana
- peanut butter and pickle
- peanut butter and lettuce
You'll want something sweet to finish up your delicious meal. Here are some simple ideas.
- Carob Pie
travels well, and can be eaten with your fingers!
- Chocolate Cake is classic picnic fare. The easiest and fastest chocolate cake I know is also the most delicious! It's so moist that it doesn't even need frosting. The recipe is in "Last Minute Desserts", which you'll receive for FREE when you buy my
requires no refrigeration.
- Cookies are an obvious choice for a picnic. They are easy to pack and easy to eat - and everyone loves cookies! Here are some classics:
Other Picnic Food Ideas
Here are some more foods that I like to take on picnics.