Pan Fried Fish Recipes:
If you're looking for great pan fried fish recipes, you'll want to try Lemon Garlic Fish. It uses just a few simple ingredients, it's quick and easy, and it tastes wonderful.
This easy fish recipe is a healthy choice.
You can use any mild white fish in this recipe.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- in the fridge or freezer
- bottled lemon juice
Buy these fresh ingredients
Get out your equipment
- a small bowl
- measuring spoons
- a skillet
- Nice to have but not necessary
- a garlic press (if not, mince the garlic with a sharp knife)
1 Tbsp/15 mL lemon juice
1 Tbsp/15 mL vegetable oil
1/2 tsp/2 mL grated lemon rind
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp/5 mL butter
1 lb/500 g fish fillets
In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil, lemon rind and garlic.
Heat a skillet over medium heat.
Melt the butter in the skillet.
Pat the fish fillets dry.
Place them in the skillet.
Brush the lemon mixture over the fish.
Cook for 5-10 minutes (or more) on each side, until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Substitute another citrus juice for the lemon juice. How about lime, or orange?
- I wonder how it would taste if you splashed a bit of white wine in the skillet?
- If you don't have a fresh lemon, you can leave out the rind. The flavour will still be pleasant, but not as strong.
- For an even more intense flavour, use extra lemon rind.
- Cooking time will depend on the thickness, temperature and freshness of the fish.
Serve this dish with