Perfect Picnic Menu:
Easy and Delicious
My idea of a perfect picnic menu is one that you can put together quickly, with very little effort. With a good picnic food plan, you can enjoy a picnic anytime.
Where I live, summer goes by very quickly. I want to enjoy as many outdoor moments as I can while I can. Packing up lunch or supper to eat in a park or at the beach is one way of slowing down the season and making sure I enjoy each moment.
You don't need to sacrifice taste and nutritional value when you are in a rush. With a bit of thought, you can put together a healthy and delicious picnic with almost no effort at all!
Imagine - you're sitting in the office. It's a beautiful summer day. You have an inspiration: "We could have a picnic supper!"
On your way home, you stop at your favorite store and pick up a few items. You go home, do a tiny bit of preparation, throw a few things in a bag - and you're on your way!
Having these items at home will make it even easier:
- a cooler bag (If you don't have one, you can use a standard cooler or a cardboard box.)
- a sturdy cloth bag
- a cold pack, stored in the freezer
- a mini cutting board
- some cheap metal cutlery (stuff that you won't miss if it gets lost)
- unbreakable plates
- stainless steel water bottles
- a waterproof picnic blanket
Here's what to pick up at the grocery store.
from the refrigeration aisle
from the produce aisle
- pâté (We prefer vegetable pâté choose your favorite)
- Brie cheese
from the bakery aislefrom the grocery aisles
- a bunch of grapes
- an English cucumber
- crackers (your favorites)
- a chocolate bar
- Get out your cooler bag or alternate.
- Fill your water bottles and put them in the cooler bag.
- Wrap the pâté, the Brie and a cold pack in a towel. Tuck this into your cooler bag.
- Give the grapes a quick rinse, put them in a container and pop it in the cooler bag.
- Rinse and slice the cucumber (no need to peel it), put the slices in a container, and pop it in the cooler bag.
- Put the crackers, pita bread and chocolate bar(s) in the cloth bag.
- Put the plates, cutlery, a knife for cutting the Brie and the pita, the mini cutting board and the picnic blanket in the cloth bag.
- Grab your cooler bag and cloth bag, and off you go!
This is the perfect picnic menu for an impromptu picnic. If you have planned your picnic ahead of time and have the time to do some cooking, I have
lots more picnic food ideas.
Everything tastes better when you eat it outdoors! Take full advantage of the good weather, and picnic often!
Return from perfect picnic menu to picnic food ideas.
Home to healthy quick meals.