Canned Salmon Recipes:
Easy Salmon Pie
You can never have too many canned salmon recipes! This salmon pie recipe is quick, easy and tasty.
This makes a nice lunch or a light supper.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- canned salmon
- whole wheat cereal
- dried parsley
- in the fridge or freezer
- bottled lemon juice
Get out your equipment
- a can opener
- a bowl
- a pie plate
- Nice to have but not necessary
- a silicone brush for greasing the pie plate
1 can (7 oz/213 g) salmon (not drained)
1 cup/250 mL whole wheat cereal, crushed
2 Tbsp/30 mL melted butter
1 Tbsp/15 mL lemon juice
2 tsp/10 mL dried parsley
1/4 tsp/1 mL pepper
2 eggs, lightly beaten
Preheat the oven to 350F/175C.
Grease a pie plate.
Flake the salmon into a medium-sized bowl.
Add the crushed cereal, butter, lemon juice, parsley, pepper and eggs.
Mix well. Press into the prepared pie plate.
Bake until firm (about 20 minutes).
- If you don't have whole wheat cereal, use a dry ingredient that you have on hand - like rolled oats, bread crumbs or cracker crumbs. Add enough so that the mix is moist but not wet.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled.
- Use about 2 Tbsp/10 ml fresh parsley in place of the dried parsley.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Add more spices. Try tarragon, oregano, rosemary, or whatever your imagination suggests. Or how about some garlic?
- I prefer using a glass pie plate for this recipe. The slices of salmon pie slides out easily, and the pie plate washes up well. A metal or tin pie plate works just fine, too, though.
Serve this dish with
I am a "stay at home" Dad right now (between jobs), and I have started to cook for my family, and I have been using your "quickest of the quick" recipes. They are amazingly simple and my family loves them! Thanks for helping me be a better husband/father!
Thanks so much for this site. It is a real blessing.
New Brunswick, Canada
I just wanted to give you feedback on your split pea soup.... DELISH!!!!! We can't get enough and it's so simple!! Thanks!
Last night my husband went on and on about how amazing all the recent recipes I have been using are. Those are all thanks to you!!!! I work full time, love to eat healthy, and have a new baby. Your recipes are the best I have tried in a long time and an absolute lifesaver!!! Thank you so much and God Bless!