Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe:
If you're looking for a vinaigrette dressing recipe that is a bit out of the ordinary, try this one! It uses simple ingredients to make an easy homemade salad dressing that tastes extraordinary!
This recipe is easily doubled or halved. Make just as much as you need for now - or make extra and keep it in the fridge. It will keep for weeks.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- red wine vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
- in the fridge or freezer
Buy these fresh ingredients
Get out your equipment
- a grater or zester
- measuring cups and spoons
- a jar with a tight-fitting lid
- a cutting board and sharp knife
- Nice to have but not necessary
- a garlic press (if not, mince the garlic with a sharp knife)
- a salad dressing bottle (either purchased or reused)
2 tsp/10 mL grated orange zest
1/2 cup/125 mL orange juice
1/4 cup/60 mL red wine vinegar
2 Tbsp/30 mL finely minced fresh parsley
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp/5 mL salt
1/2 cup/125 mL extra virgin olive oil
Place all of the ingredients in a jar with a tight fitting lid.
Be sure to tighten the lid completely.
Shake the jar vigorously until everything is well mixed.
If you like, pour the dressing into a salad dressing bottle.
- Use cider vinegar or another vinegar in place of the red wine vinegar.
- Use 2 tsp/10 mL dried parsley instead of fresh parsley.
- Use freshly squeezed orange juice instead of bottled.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Experiment with other juices in place of the orange juice. (Be sure to use 100% juice, not "juice cocktail" that will contain lots of unnecessary sugar.)
- Use your favourite oil instead of olive oil. How about sunflower oil?
- If you don't have orange zest, leave it out. The flavour of the dressing will be less intense, but still very pleasant.
Serve this dressing
- on a green salad
- over cooked vegetables
- on pasta
If you enjoy this vinaigrette dressing recipe, you may also like these other salad dressing recipes:
I have been receiving your recipes for a few months now and LOVE them!!! I love reading them and trying them. My ideas sometimes get a little stale and your choice of ingredients is always thought provoking. Your recipes are practical and very tasty. Keep up your fantastic work!!! It is most appreciated.
Johannesburg, South Africa.
Thanks for your help in bringing variety into our meal-time and for making that task easy on the mother of two kiddos aged three and 5 months.
Thank you for making my life easier! I have fibromyalgia which makes me very tired all the time. I need quick and easy recipes since I don't have the energy to make anything too complicated. Your recipes are a godsend.
I came upon your site for the first time yesterday and decided to make the Savory Tomato Fish Fillets. I am a novice cook and it was only the second or third recipe I have EVER made but it turned out delicious!! My boyfriend was so impressed and so was I!
New York, USA