- baking dishes (enough so that you can lay out all of the chicken pieces without overlapping them)
- 2 shallow dishes
Preheat oven to 350F/175F.
1/2 cup/125 mL butter, melted
1 tsp/5 mL Worchestershire sauce
1/2 tsp/2 mL garlic powder
1 cup/250 mL dry bread crumbs
1 cup/250 mL grated Parmesan cheese
2 Tbsp/30 mL dried parsley
8 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
In a shallow bowl, combine the butter, Worchestershire, and garlic powder.
In another shallow bowl, combine the bread crumbs, Parmesan, and parsley.
Dip each chicken piece into the butter mixture, then into the crumb mixture.
Place the chicken in a single layer in a baking pan.
Bake for about an hour, or until no longer pink inside.
- Use olive oil instead of melted butter.
- Use a clove of fresh garlic instead of garlic powder. (Press it with a garlic press or mince it with a sharp knife.)
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Add your favorite spices to the crumb mixture. How about tarragon or oregano or basil?
- I find that freshly grated Parmesan cheese tastes much better than the pre-grated cheese I find in tubs at the deli counter. Use a rotary cheese grater. It works well and is fun to use! (Stay away from the "Parmesan cheese product" found on the grocery shelf! It's full of additives, and its taste leaves a lot to be desired!)
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these other very easy chicken recipes: