Quick Dinner Meals:
This is one of my favorite quick dinner meals, because it's so easy!
Just put the chicken in a pan, top with a few simple ingredients, and pop it in the oven!
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) pineapple chunks
- dried rosemary
- ground ginger
- in the fridge or freezer
- skinless chicken pieces (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
Get out your equipment
Preheat the oven to 375F/190C.
2 lbs/1 kg skinless chicken pieces
1 can (14 oz/398 mL) unsweetened pineapple chunks, undrained
1 tsp/5 mL dried rosemary
1/2 tsp/2 mL paprika
1/2 tsp/2 mL salt
1/4 tsp/1 mL pepper
1/4 tsp/1 mL ground ginger
Place the chicken in a baking dish.
Drain the can of pineapple.
Pour the pineapple chunks over the chicken.
In a small bowl, combine the rosemary, paprika, salt, pepper and ginger. Sprinkle this over the chicken.
Bake, covered, for one hour or until the chicken is no longer pink inside.
- Buy chicken with the skin on (it's cheaper that way) and remove the skin yourself.
- Use fresh pineapple. You'll need about a cup and a half (375 mL).
- Use 1 Tbsp/15 mL fresh rosemary instead of dried.
- Use fresh minced ginger instead of ground.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Experiment with different fruits. Try canned mandarin orange segments, or chunks of fresh mango!
- Save the pineapple juice to use in a
- or just drink it!
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these other very easy chicken recipes: