No Bake Cookies:
Sesame-Raisin Peanut Butter Balls
This is one of the easiest recipes for no bake cookies that I know. It's full of nutritious ingredients, and it's so tasty that a batch disappears very quickly!
You might want to make a double batch!
Get the kids to help with this recipe. They'll love rolling the balls with their hands. Older children will be able to make these all by themselves!
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- dry milk powder
- unhulled sesame seeds
- in the fridge or freezer
Get out your equipment
- a mixing bowl
- a mixing spoon
- measuring cups
- a plate or tray
1 cup/250 mL peanut butter
1/2 cup/125 mL dry milk powder
1/2 cup/125 mL raisins
1/2 cup/125 mL sesame seeds
1/4 cup/60 mL honey
In a medium sized bowl, cream the peanut butter with the milk powder.
Stir in the raisins and sesame seeds.
Add the honey. Mix until well combined.
Using your clean hands, shape the mixture into small balls.
Eat immediately, or refrigerate for later.
- Use chunky peanut butter instead of smooth.
- Use another nut butter (almond butter, cashew butter, etc.) in place of the peanut butter.
- Use hulled sesame seeds.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Experiment with different dried fruits instead of (or as well as) the raisins. How about currants, or dried cranberries? If you use larger fruits like dried apricots, use kitchen shears to cut them into small pieces.
- Try using different seeds. Sunflower seeds might be good, or pumpkin seeds. You'll want to mince them first, either with a sharp knife or with short pulses in a blender.
- I use natural, organic peanut butter. Not only is it much healthier than the sugar- and preservative-filled peanut butter I used to buy, but I think it tastes much better. It used to be hard to find natural peanut butter in the regular grocery store, but it is becoming more readily available. Store natural peanut butter in the fridge.
- Liquid honey is easiest to use. If your honey is hard, warm it briefly in the microwave or in a pan on the stove.
- These no bake cookies are delicious with a glass of milk!
If you enjoy this recipe for no bake cookies, you may also like these other recipes: