No Bake Desserts:
Frozen Cream Cheese Yogurt Pie Recipe
If you are looking for easy no bake desserts, you'll want to try this one!
Cream Cheese Yogurt Pie is quick and easy to make - one of my favorite healthy dessert recipes.
This light, refreshing dessert is perfect for a hot summer day. I like to top it with fresh or frozen berries.
Note: You'll need a
or food processor and a prebaked pie crust.
The health benefits of yogurt are many. It's not only a source of healthy bacteria, but it's high in protein and calcium as well. This dessert is a tasty way of getting your daily dose of yogurt!
You need softened cream cheese for this recipe, so try to plan ahead and leave the cream cheese out of the fridge for a couple of hours before you begin. (If you didn't plan ahead, see the "Tips" below.)
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- dry milk powder
- liquid honey
- in the fridge or freezer
- cream cheese
- plain unflavored yogurt
- frozen blueberries
Buy or make
Get out your equipment
- a food processor or heavy duty blender
- measuring cups
1 cup/250 mL cream cheese, softened
1 cup/250 mL plain yogurt
1/4 cup/60 mL dry milk powder
1/4 cup/60 mL honey
1 prebaked pie crust
1 cup/250 mL frozen blueberries
Place the cream cheese and yogurt into the blender container.
Blend until well mixed.
Add the milk powder and the honey.
Blend until well mixed.
Pour the mixture into the pie shell.
Freeze until firm.
Meanwhile, thaw the berries.
Let the pie stand at room temperature for about 15-30 minutes before serving.
Top it with the berries.
- Use a graham cracker pie crust in place of a regular pie crust.
- Use fresh blueberries instead of frozen.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Make your own
homemade pie crust.
- Use any fresh or frozen berries in place of the blueberries. How about raspberries, or strawberries, or a mixture?
- Instead of berries, use another type of fruit. How about sliced bananas and kiwis? You could even use drained canned fruit cocktail.
- Be creative with toppings. Perhaps a sprinkle of nuts or coconut on top of the pie would be tasty - or some grated lemon rind. How about whipped cream?
- All honey will eventually turn solid - even if you buy "liquid honey". Don't worry, though; if your honey has solidified, you can easy liquify it again. Just put the honey into a glass jar or container and place it in a pan of water. Heat gently on the stove. Don't overheat.
- Forgot to leave the cream cheese out to soften? Here are some ways to soften it quickly for use in no bake desserts:
- Use a microwave oven. Take the cream cheese out of its packaging, put it in a microwave-safe bowl, and heat on HIGH for 15 seconds at a time, checking after each interval. Microwaving time varies.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes, spread them out on a plate, and place them in a warm spot in your kitchen.
- Wrap the cream cheese in tin foil and run it under warm running water.
- Cut the cream cheese into small cubes and warm them in the top of a double boiler. If you don't have a double boiler, put the cubes in a glass bowl. Heat water to boiling in a small saucepan. Put the glass bowl carefully on top of the saucepan.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these other no bake desserts: