Easy Crustless Zucchini Quiche Recipe
This is the best of all the quiche recipes I've ever tried! It couldn't be easier, since there is no crust to worry about. It always turns out, it's full of healthy ingredients, and it's delicious!
If you want, you can make it ahead of time and reheat it.
Unlike many egg recipes, this crustless quiche even tastes good cold!
I can have this in the oven in less than 15 minutes!
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- vegetable oil
- whole wheat flour
- dried basil
- in the fridge or freezer
- cottage cheese
- Cheddar cheese
Buy these fresh ingredients
Get out your equipment
- a large bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- a cutting board and sharp knife
- a pie plate (I like glass.)
- a mixing spoon
- Nice to have but not necessary
- a silicone brush for oiling the pie plate
- a whisk for beating the eggs
- a silicone spatula for scraping the last bits from the bowl
Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
1 medium zucchini, in one inch/2 cm cubes
2 cups/500 mL cottage cheese
3 eggs, beaten
1 cup/250 mL Cheddar cheese, cubed
3 Tbsp/45 mL melted butter
3 Tbsp/45 mL whole wheat flour
1 clove garlic
1 tsp/5 mL dried basil
1/2 tsp/2 mL salt
1/4 tsp/1 mL pepper
Oil a pie plate.
In a bowl, combine all of the ingredients.
Pour into the pie plate.
Bake for at least 1 hour, until a knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Use Swiss cheese instead of Cheddar.
- Use any flour in place of the whole wheat.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Experiment with different spices. How about dill, or tarragon?
- Use other vegetables instead of - or as well as - the zucchini. How about green beans, or broccoli?
- Melt the butter in a saucepan on the stove, in an oven-proof dish in the oven, or in the microwave.
Serve this dish with
I don't have any more quiche recipes, because this one is so perfect that I've never tested another! If you enjoy this recipe, you might also like these other egg recipes: