Yogurt Salad Dressing
This easy yogurt salad dressing tastes wonderful!
It is perfect on a green salad.
Since it is so quick to make, I usually make just a small batch - enough for a meal or two.
I like to serve this in a small cream pitcher. Its creamy texture lets this dressing pour beautifully.
Once you have made homemade salad dressing, you'll wonder why you ever spent all that money for prepared salad dressing!
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- cider vinegar
- liquid honey
- in the fridge or freezer
- plain (unflavored) yogurt
- bottled lemon juice
Get out your equipment
- a small bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- Nice to have but not necessary
- a whisk (if not, use a fork)
- a small pitcher or a salad dressing bottle (either purchased or reused)
1 cup/250 mL plain yogurt
2 Tbsp/30 mL cider vinegar
2 Tbsp/30 mL honey
1 Tbsp/15 mL lemon juice
In a small bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients until smooth.
- Use white vinegar or red wine vinegar (or your favourite vinegar) in place of the cider vinegar.
- Use freshly squeezed lemon juice instead of bottled.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Try using flavoured yogurt instead of plain. (If the yogurt is sweetened, you may want to reduce or eliminate the honey.)
- Experiment with different citrus juices in place of the lemon juice. How about orange juice, or lime?
- Store honey at room temperature.
- If your honey has turned solid, you can reliquify it by heating it gently. Just place the glass honey jar in a pan of very warm water - or place it in a warm sunny spot. (If your honey is in a plastic container, don't put it in warm or hot water. Transfer it to a glass container first.)
If you enjoy this yogurt salad dressing recipe, you may also like these other salad dressing recipes:
I am a "stay at home" Dad right now (between jobs), and I have started to cook for my family, and I have been using your "quickest of the quick" recipes. They are amazingly simple and my family loves them! Thanks for helping me be a better husband/father!
Thanks so much for this site. It is a real blessing.
New Brunswick, Canada
I just wanted to give you feedback on your split pea soup.... DELISH!!!!! We can't get enough and it's so simple!! Thanks!
Last night my husband went on and on about how amazing all the recent recipes I have been using are. Those are all thanks to you!!!! I work full time, love to eat healthy, and have a new baby. Your recipes are the best I have tried in a long time and an absolute lifesaver!!! Thank you so much and God Bless!