Chicken Baked Recipes:
Chicken with Garlic and Balsamic Vinegar
I know that many of my readers type the words "chicken baked recipes" into search engines regularly. You can never have too many good baked chicken recipes!
This recipe uses just a few ingredients to make a delicious meal with a unique flavor.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- olive oil
- dried oregano
- balsamic vinegar
- in the fridge or freezer
- chicken (about 2 lbs/1 kg of chicken pieces)
- apple juice
- grated Parmesan cheese
Get out your equipment
- a baking dish (or dishes) large enough to spread the chicken out in a single layer
- Nice to have but not necessary
- measuring cups and spoons (if not, just estimate the amounts)
- a garlic press (if not, just mince the garlic with a sharp knife)
2 lbs/1 kg chicken pieces
2 Tbsp/30 mL olive oil
1 cup/250 mL apple juice
1 clove garlic, pressed
1 tsp/5 mL oregano
1/4 cup/60 mL grated Parmesan cheese
3 Tbsp/45 mL balsamic vinegar
Preheat oven to 450F/230C.
Put the chicken pieces in a baking dish.
Sprinkle with the olive oil, apple juice, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for 45 to 60 minutes, until no longer pink inside.
Pour the balsamic vinegar over the chicken.
- Use another vegetable oil in place of the olive oil.
- Use white wine instead of apple juice.
- Use fresh, minced oregano (about 1 Tbsp/15 mL) instead of dried.
- Buy a block of Parmesan cheese and grate it yourself. (You'll need a grater.)
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Experiment with different varieties of fruit juice. (How about white grape juice?)
- Try another variety of vinegar. (Malt vinegar? Apple cider vinegar? Raspberry vinegar?)
- Add your favorite spices. (Tarragon might be nice!)
- Garlic should be stored at room temperature, out of direct sunlight. It's best if air can flow around it. A special garlic keeper works well.
- A rotary cheese grater makes it very easy to grate a block of Parmesan cheese.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these other very easy chicken baked recipes:
I am a "stay at home" Dad right now (between jobs), and I have started to cook for my family, and I have been using your "quickest of the quick" recipes. They are amazingly simple and my family loves them! Thanks for helping me be a better husband/father!
Thanks so much for this site. It is a real blessing.
New Brunswick, Canada
I just wanted to give you feedback on your split pea soup.... DELISH!!!!! We can't get enough and it's so simple!! Thanks!
Last night my husband went on and on about how amazing all the recent recipes I have been using are. Those are all thanks to you!!!! I work full time, love to eat healthy, and have a new baby. Your recipes are the best I have tried in a long time and an absolute lifesaver!!! Thank you so much and God Bless!