Quick Easy Chicken Recipes:
Chicken with Lime-Ginger Sauce
This is one of my favorite quick easy chicken recipes.
It makes a tangy quick meal that can be served hot, or made ahead of time and served cold.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- vegetable oil (for greasing the baking dish)
- in the fridge or freezer
- chicken (about 2 lbs/1 kg)
- plain yogurt
- bottled lime juice
- ginger root
Get out your equipment
- a baking dish (or dishes) large enough to fit all of the chicken in a single layer
- a small bowl
- a spoon
- Nice to have but not necessary
- measuring cups and spoons (if not, just estimate the amounts)
- a garlic press (if not, just mince the garlic with a sharp knife)
- a microplane grater for grating the ginger (if not, use a regular grater - or mince the ginger with a sharp knife)
Preheat oven to 375F/190C.
2 lbs/1 kg chicken pieces, skinless
1 cup/250 mL plain yogurt
3 Tbsp/45 mL lime juice
2 cloves garlic
1 tsp/5 mL ginger root, grated
1/2 tsp/2 mL salt
1/4 tsp/1 mL pepper
Place the chicken in a greased baking dish.
Mix together all of the other ingredients.
Spoon the mixture over the chicken.
Turn the chicken pieces to coat both sides.
Bake for about an hour or until no longer pink inside.
Serve immediately, OR
Cover with foil and place in refrigerator.
Refrigerate for up to one day.
- Buy chicken with skin (it's cheaper than skinless) and remove the skin yourself.
- Use freshly squeezed lime juice instead of bottled.
- Use bottled minced garlic instead of fresh.
- Use bottled minced ginger instead of fresh.
Ideas for making this quick easy chicken recipe your own
- Try substituting another citrus juice for the lime juice. (Maybe lemon juice? How about orange juice?)
- What about using a flavored yogurt?
- Garlic should be stored at room temperature, away from direct sunlight, where air can circulate. A special garlic keeper works well.
- Fresh ginger will last for up to 8 weeks if you put it in a sealed ziplock bag and place it in the vegetable crisper of your fridge.
- Sometimes when I make this, I find that the sauce separates and looks less than attractive. It still tastes great, though! If that would bother you, don't plan to serve this dish to special guests!
If you enjoy this recipe, you may also like these other very easy chicken recipes:
I don't know how you find these great recipes, but when I come to your web site I know I will find something to cook with stuff I already have around the house, I know it will be good and my family will like it, and I know it will be fast and easy to make.
British Columbia, Canada
Kudos to you for doing this for all of us! I know you're just as busy as the rest of us, and yet you make OUR lives easier. Thank you for your time and for your continuous labor of love.
Thanks for your quick meals. I'm a stay home Mom but always on the go. I'm also caregiver to my brother who is a paraplegic so your recipes have been a big help when I'm pressed for time.
I just wanted to thank you for doing this. I can now leave work knowing what we are going to have for supper and it takes a load off my mind.