How to Make Garlic Bread
Wondering how to make garlic bread? It's easy!
Once you realize how quick and easy it is to make garlic bread using your own ingredients, you'll never again buy one of those premade foil-wrapped loaves.
A loaf of freshly made homemade garlic bread, hot from the oven, is one of life's luxuries!
A loaf of garlic bread and a bowl of
will turn a simple bowl of pasta into a wonderful meal!
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- in the fridge or freezer
Buy these fresh ingredients
Get out your equipment
- a small bowl
- a butter knife
- a good bread knife
- aluminum foil
- Nice to have but not necessary
- a garlic press (if not, mince the garlic very finely with a sharp knife)
Preheat oven to 400F/205C.
6 Tbsp/90 mL butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 loaf French bread
In a small bowl, mix the butter and garlic until well blended.
Cut the loaf of bread into slices - without cutting all the way through the loaf.
Spread the garlic butter on one side of each slice.
Wrap the loaf in foil.
Put the loaf into the preheated oven and heat for 20 minutes.
- Use another crusty loaf instead of French bread. Sourdough would be nice!
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Add some dried parsley to the butter/garlic mix. Or how about some oregano?
- Make cheesy garlic bread: sprinkle a bit of Parmesan cheese on each slice after buttering.
- If you are a real garlic lover, use 3 cloves of garlic - or more!
- Be careful when you unwrap the loaf from the foil. It's hot!!
Serve your garlic bread with