Leftover Ham Recipes:
Spicy Sweet Baked Ham Slices
Here's one of my favorite leftover ham recipes. It's as easy as they come, but it's fancy and tasty enough to serve for a special dinner.
The delicious topping makes this ham into something special.
Of course, you don't have to use leftovers in this baked ham recipe. This quick meal works just as well with any ham slices.
Check that you have these staples at home
- in the cupboard
- canned crushed pineapple
- ground allspice
- ground cloves
- in the fridge or freezer
Get out your equipment
- a baking dish
- a small bowl
- a can opener
- a spoon
- Nice to have but not necessary
- measuring spoons (If not, just estimate. Exact amounts aren't necessary here.)
Preheat oven to 400F/205C.
2 lb/1 kg ham slices (each slice about 1/2 inch/1 cm thick)
1 can (14 oz/398 mL) crushed pineapple, with juice
2 Tbsp/30 mL maple syrup
1/4 tsp/1 mL ground allspice
1/4 tsp/1 mL ground cloves
Place the ham slices in a single layer in a baking pan.
In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour this over the ham.
Bake, uncovered, for 30 to 40 minutes.
- If you don't have crushed pineapple, use pineapple bits, or even pineapple slices. Cut them into smaller pieces using kitchen shears.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- What other spices could you add? How about cinnamon, nutmeg or paprika? Be creative!
- How about using another canned fruit, like mandarin oranges, instead of - or as well as - the pineapple?
- If you don't have leftover ham, buy any precooked ham: a thick slice, or a ready-to-eat wrapped ham, cut into slices.
Serve this dish with
I don't know how you find these great recipes, but when I come to your web site I know I will find something to cook with stuff I already have around the house, I know it will be good and my family will like it, and I know it will be fast and easy to make.
British Columbia, Canada
Kudos to you for doing this for all of us! I know you're just as busy as the rest of us, and yet you make OUR lives easier. Thank you for your time and for your continuous labor of love.
Thanks for your quick meals. I'm a stay home Mom but always on the go. I'm also caregiver to my brother who is a paraplegic so your recipes have been a big help when I'm pressed for time.
I just wanted to thank you for doing this. I can now leave work knowing what we are going to have for supper and it takes a load off my mind.