Cod Fish Recipes:
Fish with Easy Lime-Ginger Sauce
This is the easiest of all the cod fish recipes I have tried. Of course, it works well with any mild white fish: halibut, sole, tilapia, or whatever is available in your area.
My husband raved about this: "This is the best fish dish you have ever made!" he said. Needless to say, we'll be having it regularly!
This easy recipe for fish uses only three ingredients!
The hardest part of making this recipe is finding the pickled ginger. (It's the ginger that is often served with sushi.) Look in the oriental foods section of your supermarket. The brand I prefer to use contains only ginger, cane sugar, rice vinegar and water. Other brands are made with artificial bright pink color and artificial sweeteners.
Check that you have these staples at home
Buy these fresh ingredients
Get out your equipment
- a cutting board and sharp knife
- a juicer (an old-fashioned hand model is just fine)
- a broiler pan
- Nice to have but not necessary
1 jar (8 oz/225 g) pickled ginger
8 fish fillets, each about 5 oz/150 g.
Juice the limes.
Process the lime juice and the ginger (with juice) in a blender.
Place the fish on a broiler pan.
Spoon the sauce over the fish.
Broil for about 12-15 minutes, or until the fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Use about 4 Tbsp/60 mL bottled lime juice in place of the fresh lime juice.
Ideas for making this recipe your own
- Experiment with different citrus juices instead of - or as well as - the lime juice. What about lemon juice, or even orange juice?
- I like using my
Magic Bullet blender
to process the lime juice and pickled ginger. The Magic Bullet is smaller than a regular blender - just right for this job!
- If you don't have a blender at all, just mash the ingredients together vigorously. You might want to use kitchen shears to cut up the pieces of ginger.
- Cooking time will vary, depending on the thickness and temperature of your fish. Check frequently and don't overcook the fish.
Serve this dish with
Thanks so much for your wonderful recipes. They've all been a hit with my family! I'm a new wife/mom who doesn't have a domestic bone in her body, so I am very grateful for what you do. Keep up the good work!
Thank you so much for everything that you are doing Ellen. You are truly helping so many of us who can't think straight enough to put a meal together.
I just wanted to say that you put so many awesome recipes on here, and it really does help simplify dinner time for me. My favorites are the Sweet Lemony Tomato chicken (unlike any chicken I've ever had!) and the Garlic and Balsamic Chicken. It is divine! Thank you so much for what you do! And keep 'em coming!
This is truly one of the best sites in the world. Since I started coming to your site, my wife thinks I am a hero in the kitchen. I used to hate cooking. Now I just check your site before doing our shopping to see what new thing I can add. Thank you so much for your generousity, you truly are a blessing to me, my wife and our marriage.
Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa